Google uses the original meta descriptions for 30% of the listed web pages

A new study finds that Google uses the meta descriptions of web pages about 30% of the time for pages on the first page of search results.

For the other 70%, Google rewrites the description based on the content of the listed web page. The higher the search volume of a keyword, the less likely Google is to rewrite the meta description.

According to the study, you should keep meta descriptions between 150 and 160 characters for regular pages.
Blog posts, as well as other pages that are listed Read the full article…A new study finds that Google uses the meta descriptions of web pages about 30% of the time for pages on the first page of search results. For the other 70%, Google rewrites the…Read MoreSEOprofiler Blog

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.